It is so hot, not even Tarzan likes it this hot!
Finally we have a normal heat wave! What does this mean in the insect world?
It means insects will be reproducing at a very fast rate. Multiple generations of box elder bugs, earwigs and yes, mosquitoes. It also means my calendar fills up fast.
I normally try to get to all my service request with in a day or two. I am now booked pretty solid about four or five days out. Depending on your location, I am still able to respond to wasp and yellow jacket calls fairly quickly.
There are a few things you can do to reduce the impact of insects in your home. Make sure common gaps are sealed up.
My top five are......
1. Central air coolant line seal is dried out
2. Dryer vent flaps are stuck open from lint. A good time to have the line brushed out. Either get a kit from hardware store or contact your HVAC repair.
3. Mortar joints in foundation have popped out. Even a #2 pencil sized hole will be inviting to yellow jackets and carpenter ants.
4. Door sweeps. Common to have a gap at the bottom of doors. The bristle type sweep is best.
5. Over hangs with water damage or flashing pulled back. Between birds and bugs, these are hot spots often over looked due to inaccessible without a tall ladder.
Bonus. Bird baths, gutters and any other area where standing water can remain for days or weeks. Mosquitoes love these spots.
All our services include a thorough pest proofing inspection.
Be sure to fill out a service request today.
I am the owner and sole operator of Spectrum Pest Control. Hope you enjoy my helpful hints, predictions and fun stories.